Like most things, Valentine's Day too has its cliches - the roses, chocolates, candle lit dinner, the color red and also the Anti-V day parties for singles. You get the idea right? But some of us out there would rather do things differently. Some don't even believe it is such a special day after all. But we say every day should be a celebration, so if there is an occasion - make the most of it, even if it is in an unconventional way.
So that brings us, to the Unconventional guide to V-Day couples edition. If you love the idea you can also request a singles edition and we would to do it request for our readers ! So for now just scroll down, read away and do what feels best - but celebrate !
An Unconventional Valentines Day : Couples Edition
One of the easiest way to make some one feels special is through gifts. Red roses are great and so is a heart shaped chocolate box, but is it special? Doesn't everybody do it?
- Frame it up ! : Revisit your photographic archives and frame a beautiful picture of the two of you together. You can also print the lyrics of your/their favorite love song in a fun font ( Visit dafont.com) and get it framed. You could get your names framed with your date or a happy together stick figure.
- Love notes : Digital age has really made writing letters and notes redundant. But the sheer effort that goes into one, can make your partner's heart melt. You could express the little things that make you love them, or all the things you are grateful about. And if you are a lady seal the envelope with a kiss ! Or if you are not a writer at all, leave small sticky notes around to make them feel special.
- Romantic Weekend Getaway Tickets : Since it is a weekday this time, why not plan a weekend getaway instead. A short break is enough for love to rekindle, and to motivate a good living in general. So take the opportunity and book in advance.
- Go to the mall : Sometimes we just do not know what to get for our partners. If you have an open chemistry enough, go Valentine Day gift shopping together. This way you could both get exactly what you want, without any risks of buying the wrong gift.
- Outdoors : With majority of us having desk jobs, the outdoors can be a pleasant change. Go for a walk in the park, sit and spend time on the bench. Take time out to laugh together. If you are pet lovers take them along. And there even a dinner can sometimes be less romantic than sharing a big ice cream cone or cotton candy together.
- Relax together : Booking a couple spa treatment together is a great way to unwind together. But if it would leave a dent in your packet. Just pick up some massage oils and play masseuse to each other. Don't forget to play romantic songs in the background and set the mood with candles.
- Bake a cake : Dining out on Valentine's could be painful. The long queues and crowd could take the romance out of a date. Instead bake her an easy cake, order from your favorite restaurant, set a table, get some wine and do not forget to slow dance. This could be the high point of your dinner together.
- Make a wish : Some things the joy is in simple things of life. Complete a wish together. So you always wanted your partner to play a video game with you, be a kid and do that. Wanted to go bungee jumping together, do it. Anything and everything works, even going to karaoke bar and singing for them Complete each other's one wish and see their beaming smile.
- Find a similarity : Why be selfish and worry only about your own clothes. Make an effort to have a similarity in outfit. It is a lot of fun ! Check out the pictures to get inspired - bow ties, or color combinations, scarfs or even complimenting tees.
- Dress for them : Every day of the year, we wear what we like. For Valentine's wear what your partner wants to see you in. Let them pick your outfit. It will also let you know, what they like best on you.
- Avoid red or pink : If being unconventional is your goal, avoid these colors on V day like plague. There a lot of other romantic dressing options out there instead. You could go for a lace dress, a maxi skirt, a cute print or simply attach some flowers to your hat !
Have a great UNCONVENTIONAL Valentines everyone !!
P.S. This is a submission to IFB Project # 82 : The season of Love.