Well the title of today's post is enough to really express how essential we deem the skater skirt in a wardrobe. We are sure all of our readers will reply affirmative in unison. But in case you still don't own one, we have a list five top reasons on why you should.
- It is a piece that transcends seasons. Wear with leggings in winter and with stocking or bare legs in summers. It will never let you down.
- Defines waist and makes leg looks longer if worn with a tucked in blouse or shirt.
- The printed / bright color / baroque / leather versions add and instant element of chic to your outfit.
- Can be dressed down for the day with sweater or casual blouse and backpack. Can dressed up with a shiny blouse, statement necklace, great heels and clutch.
- Very comfortable to wear and provides ease of movement, while still maintaining a "dressed-up" feel.
Ain't those reasons enough? So why do you wear a skater skirt? Let us know in comments while we share with you our favorite pins, polyvore boards and blogger looks on the same.
Favorite Skater Skirt Pins
2. Pinned by Hilary
3. Pinned by Nikki C
2. Pinned by Wemi
3. Pinned by Huli Li Wong
Favorite Skater Skirt Boards at Polyvore
Favorite Skater Skirt Blogger Looks
Who - Fabrizia
Visit her at - Cosa Mi Metto
Look featured in - Roooar
What we love - The accessories are perfect, specially the hat - which we could never imagine would have worked.
Who - Shalini
Visit her at - Stylish by Nature
Look featured in - Fashion Trend Winter 2013 - 'Wool Knitwear'
What we love - Another tiger sweater pair up but totally unique due to it's length and the denim shirt underneath. Love the red lips too!
Who - Tanja
Visit her at - Never Dreamed about this
Look Featured in - I wanna eat whole cake I'm not sharing
What we love - Actually everything. What is not to love! The intricate skirt, the braided updo, the belt, the color of the boots !
Who - Rachel
Visit her at - Rachel's Lookbook
Look Featured in - Leopard Booties
What we love - That beautiful feminine color against cold weather took our heart away. And those leopard booties were the right choice !